Western Andalusia: caliphs, discoverers and navigators on the Ziryab Tour.
The V.D.O. circuit «Travel with Denomination of Origin», is designed to satisfy all the requests of a good traveller, it is flexible and allows departures from any point of Andalusia and Spain. In our QUOTE REQUEST form we offer the possibility of modifying any itinerary (we make circuits from 9 to 22 days for the Axares Premium Tour) and add more days of stay and other services if you wish.
Arrival in Cordoba, cordial welcome, check-in at the chosen accommodation and presentation of the programme by the person in charge.
Afterwards, private guided tour of the Mosque-Cathedral, a monument with more than eight centuries of history and a World Heritage Site, followed by a tour of the historic centre to visit the Jewish Quarter, the Almodovar Gate, the Souk and the Synagogue.
Lunch in a restaurant in the historic centre followed by a visit to the Guadamecí-Omeya Museum. We will continue with an experience in a Hammam, with a bath and massage where you will feel the ritual of the water.
Free evening to relax and with recommendations for dinner in the surroundings of the accommodation.
Breakfast and transfer for private guided tour of the palatine city and the archaeological site of Medina Azahara and its interpretation centre. Return for lunch at leisure with recommendations for the historic centre.
In the early afternoon, we will visit an architectural complex such as the Alcázar de los Reyes Cristianos, followed by a tour of the famous patios of Cordoba. Free time for shopping or relax. Free evening with recommendations for dinner.
Breakfast, check-out and transfer to Seville, welcome and check-in at the chosen accommodation. Transfer to Carmona for a private guided tour of the Alcazar of the Gate of Seville, followed by a visit to the City Museum and the exterior of the church of Santa Maria.
Lunch in a restaurant with spectacular views. Then transfer back to your accommodation in Seville, free afternoon for shopping or relaxation.
In the evening a private guided tour of the Santa Cruz quarter and its narrow streets of the Jewish quarter combined with dinner and a local Tapas Tour of taverns, bodegas and terraces.
Breakfast and transfer to Huelva for a private guided tour through the beautiful streets of the city of Niebla. We will visit its Almohad walls and then enjoy one of the best preserved enclosures in Europe, the spectacular Castillo de los Guzmanes.
At the end of the visit we will go to La Rábida for lunch in a restaurant overlooking the Muelle de las Carabelas. In the early afternoon we will go to Moguer to visit the Monastery of Santa Clara and its famous Nasrid masonry.
Transfer back to the accommodation to rest. Free evening with recommendations for dinner.
Breakfast and private guided tour to visit two Sites of Cultural Interest such as the Palacio de las Dueñas and the Casa de Pilatos, spaces that are a reference of the Gothic-Mudejar architecture of Seville. Free lunch with recommendations for the historic centre.
Free time for shopping with recommendations or relaxation.
Free evening with recommendations in the surroundings of the Metropol Parasol.
Breakfast and transfer to Cadiz for a private guided visit to the beautiful Tarifa (first Muslim city in Spain, conquered by Tariq in 711 AD) where we will walk through its streets and squares and visit its Puerta de Jerez and the Castle of Guzman el Bueno.
At midday we will go for a lunch menu in a beach bar where we will be able to contemplate the beautiful sea.
In the afternoon transfer to Jerez de la Frontera for a private guided tour of the historic city centre and a wine tasting in a century-old Jerez bodega.
In the evening a unique experience with dinner and live Flamenco show. At the end, return to the accommodation in Seville.
Breakfast and private guided tour of two monuments such as the Real Alcázar and the Cathedral-Giralda which are some of the most beautiful architectural ensembles in Andalusia and are World Heritage Sites. Lunch at a recommended restaurant on the banks of the Guadalquivir River.
Afternoon at leisure for shopping or relaxation. In the evening, private guided tour to visit the bridge and the Triana neighbourhood, followed by a live show in a Flamenco tablao and farewell dinner.
Breakfast and private guided tour designed exclusively for you in a horse-drawn carriage to discover the fascinating Seville, a tour of the Torre del Oro, the Plaza de Toros la Maestranza, the Plaza de España and the Maria Luisa Park.
Check-out and end of services, thanking you for the days shared in this unique Circuit. If you wish to extend your stay, we can recommend and book restaurants for lunch.
THE LIST OF HOTELS AND TOURIST FLATS FORESEEN FOR THIS TOUR WILL BE PROVIDED ONCE THE REQUEST HAS BEEN MADE.
*5 nights accommodation in Seville
OTHER SERVICES AND TOURS
ABOUT WALKING TOUR
ACCESIBILITY TO THE ROUTE
TICKET RESERVATIONS AND CIRCUIT REGULATIONS
- The full name, surname and identity number or passport of each participant must be provided at the time of making the request. It is important to carry with you ID or PASSPORT (physical or digital) at all times during the Circuit.
- DOOR TO DOOR GRANADA TRAVEL is not responsible for the LOSS of the ENTRANCE and the NON-ADMISSION of the visitor to the monuments and spaces for not carrying the identification documentation in case it is required by the authorized personnel or managers.
- I declare under my responsibility that I have the identity documentation DNI / Passport in order for the realization of these Circuits in Spain.
- We inform the user of the rules of the visit to the Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba and the Reales Alcazares and the Cathedral-Giralda of Seville at the following links: https://mezquita-catedraldecordoba.es/organiza-la-visita/normativa/, https://www.catedraldesevilla.es/visita-cultural/normas/, https://www.alcazarsevilla.org/condiciones-para-las-visitas-en-horario-publico/.
- Being monuments and spaces of extreme value worldwide, any act of vandalism, trying to enter without authorization, destroying constructions, exhibitions and decorations or any other damage that is done to the monuments and spaces, will be reported to the competent authority because it is considered a serious attack on the Spanish Historical Heritage and may have criminal repercussions for the visitor.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
1. The realization of this tour requires the participation of a minimum of 4 people up to a maximum of 10 people. If this minimum is not reached, the agency has the right to cancel the trip, with a notice of at least 20 days, reimbursing the traveller the total amount paid by him/her before 14 calendar days have elapsed, without the client having the right to any type of compensation.
2. The traveller can terminate the contract at any time before the start of the trip by paying a penalty equal to the price of the package minus the cost savings and the income from the alternative use of the travel services.
3. Transfer of the trip: in accordance with the provisions of Section 12 of the GENERAL CONDITIONS OF THE TRIP (ANNEX III), the traveller may transfer his/her booking to a person who meets all the required conditions.
4. Cancellations after the deadline for the aforementioned points, if they are due to force majeure, must be communicated and justified for assessment.
Touring Andalusia with the Ziryab Tour is to enjoy a variety of places of interest, activities and amenities. They have nearby airports with direct flights to any part of the world, AVE (high speed and comfort train) stations connected to the most important cities in the country and a network of motorways and highways with high standards of quality and safety.
They also have an extensive accommodation infrastructure adapted to all needs and a wide range of restaurants and leisure facilities nearby, making it easy to make the most of your trip.
What is a «Ziryab Tour»?
It is a tailor-made itinerary designed and created to provide a totally personalised learning experience for you and your travel companions in the cities and provinces of Cordoba, Seville, Huelva and Cadiz. These private tours offer more flexibility with the scheduling of times and distances within an individual or group dynamic and where all of this can be adapted to the interests of the traveller and the relationship they have with their official guide.
Where does the Axares Tour start and where does it finish?
The details of the meeting point will be informed in your confirmation e-mail unless there is a change by the traveller. The meeting point always ends in the city centre of Seville (Plaza Virgen de los Reyes), although it can also be changed if necessary. We have a 24 hour telephone number available for any last minute problems.
What if the weather is bad?
The tours can be run rain or shine, but in the event of inclement weather, our design department will modify the tour so that more time is spent indoors. We will keep an eye on you and the weather, advising and recommending that you bring umbrellas, sunscreen, water or soft drinks, hats, comfortable clothing and footwear as required.
Is it suitable for children/elderly people or travellers with mobility problems?
Yes, on request we can tailor the tour according to the age and interests of the travellers in the group. Please share any details and details in the booking request and we will adapt your itinerary accordingly, we are here to help you with whatever you need.
Sorry, no reviews match your current selections