Walking along a cliff and discovering a monumental city are two options in Malaga & Granada.
The circuit is designed to satisfy all the requests of a good traveller, it is flexible and allows departures from anywhere in Andalusia and Spain. In our REQUEST QUOTE form we offer the possibility to modify any itinerary or even add more days and other services if you wish.
Arrival in Malaga, warm welcome, check-in at the chosen accommodation and presentation of the programme by the person in charge.
Afterwards, transfer and private guided visit to a monument from the Muslim period, the Alcazaba and Gibralfaro Castle, where we will enjoy a panoramic view of the city and the port.
We will continue with a private visit to the Roman Theatre and its interpretation centre. Tapas tour for lunch in the historical centre.
In the early afternoon, culture and art are our priority, visit of the Picasso Museum and the Carmen Thyssen Museum. Free time for shopping or relax. Free evening with recommendations for dinner.
Breakfast, check-out and transfer to a nature activity, the incredible Caminito del Rey, a private tour with a local expert guide through a 100 meters high platform over the Guadalhorce river where you can admire the incredible beauty of its landscapes.
At the end of the tour you will enjoy a delicious a la carte lunch in a restaurant in the surroundings, then transfer to Granada.
A warm welcome and check-in at the chosen accommodation. In the afternoon, an experience to learn about the water ritual in Al-Andalus with a visit to a Hammam (Arab bath and relaxing massage) in the surroundings of the Alhambra.
Free time for shopping or relax. Free evening with recommendations for dinner in the surroundings of the accommodation.
Breakfast and transfer for a private guided tour of the Albaicín neighbourhood where you can enjoy its famous viewpoints, squares, cisterns, palaces and Carmenes of the Arab period, combined with a visit to the Mosque of Granada, the Palace of Dar al-Horra and a Hammam such as the Bañuelo.
Free lunch with recommendations for the historical centre. In the afternoon we will visit the first Renaissance temple in Spain, the Metropolitan Cathedral and the Royal Chapel, then we will visit the Alcaicería which is a Moorish souk.
Free time for shopping or relax. Evening with dinner menu and Zambra-Flamenca show in the Sacromonte quarter.
Breakfast and private guided tour created exclusively for you in a universe of details and smells, a place that is one of the most beautiful monuments and a World Heritage Site in the world, the Alhambra and the Generalife, the only example of a medieval Muslim palatine city in Europe that has survived to this day.
At the end of the visit we will take a walk through the Alhambra forest to get to the accommodation. Check-out and end of the services, thanking you for the days shared in this Circuit.
- Price: from €1,080 per person in premium accommodation.
- Prices include VAT.
- Circuit accompanied by an Official Heritage Interpreter Guide and duration of the visits from 1 to 3 hours.
- Audio system (Whisper) from 6 people.
- Includes entrance fees in Malaga and Granada according to itinerary.
- Guided tour Caminito del Rey, a Hammam and a Flamenco show according to itinerary.
- Includes 3 Coffee Break on days 1, 2 and 3.
- 2 Lunches as per itinerary.
- 1 Dinner as per itinerary.
- Transfers and visits indicated in the description of the Circuit will be by car, Minivan or High Range Bus (depending on the final number of passengers) + driver.
- Includes souvenirs as a gift.
- Circuit difficulty 3/5.
- For Private and Groups from 1 to 12 people maximum.
- Daily circuits, except every Monday, 1st January and 24th, 25th and 31st December.
- Use of mask in cases stipulated by medical prescription.
- Not included; tips to guides and staff providing any kind of service during the circuit (it is up to the traveller to decide the amount to offer); meals and drinks other than those specified in the itinerary; transfers and private visits not included in the itinerary; room service and personal expenses such as laundry, communication charges and optional extra activities not included in the Circuit.
THE LIST OF HOTELS AND TOURIST FLATS FORESEEN FOR THIS TOUR WILL BE PROVIDED ONCE THE REQUEST HAS BEEN MADE.
*1 Night accommodation in Malaga
*2 Nights accommodation in Granada
OTHER SERVICES AND CIRCUITS
- Pick up from the airport or AVE train station and transfers to the different accommodations are available on request.
- We also offer four perfect plans that you can add to your SHORT TRIP IN MÁLAGA & GRANADA and with which you can enjoy even more of this wonderful province:
- Exclusive Short Trip to get to know the © «Semana Santa de Málaga», to go on a route created for you with scenes of fervour and emotion, songs of saetas, sounds of bugles and drums and the grandeur of the thrones carried by more than 200 men. We guarantee that the processions in Malaga will surprise you with their spectacularity and devotion.
- Exclusive Short Trip to know the © «Feria de Málaga», a unique experience in Spain and that is lived in two different enclosures, the Historical Centre and the Real Cortijo de Torres Fair. You will enjoy all kinds of music and atmospheres and taste wines with denomination of origin and the famous «Pescaíto frito» (fried fish).
- Exclusive Short Trip to know the © «Semana Santa de Granada», a circuit to do in a millenary city and a festival catalogued of International Tourist Interest that has its own identity signs, where you are going to find narrow streets, steep slopes, bonfires, silence and darkness in perfect enclaves for a lover of photography.
- Exclusive Short Trip to know the © «Feria del Corpus de Granada», you will know a different fair, with a unique parade, a procession with centuries of history, the famous «carocas», the decorations and lighting of the «casetas» and the attractions and fireworks of the fair, all in a festive atmosphere that runs through the city for days.
- Request more information about the Exclusive Short Trips here.
- It is recommended to combine in Private or Group with other Circuits in Andalusia.
ABOUT THE WALKING TOUR
- Itinerary of the Circuit: route created exclusively through the Historic Centre and Caminito del Rey in Malaga and through the Neighbourhoods and Historic Centre of Granada.
- Access to the monuments without queues and respecting the security distances.
- Digital or printed tickets to access the monuments.
- Circuit recommended for all ages.
- Altitude sea level: Malaga 8 metres, Caminito del Rey 250 metres, Granada 780 metres.
- Distance: 4 – 8 kilometres per day.
- Recommendations: comfortable shoes, suitable clothing for the circuit (Winter – Summer).
-Meeting point: at the accommodation or the place agreed in advance with the client. Tickets are provided by the official guide who accompanies you throughout the Circuit and will be given to you before entering the monuments and sites.
– Our guide will carry a DOOR TO DOOR TRAVEL sign for you to recognise at the start and throughout the tour.
ACCESSIBILITY TO THE ROUTE
A) Baby strollers: we recommend the use of a baby carrier, due to the characteristics of some sections of the route, where it is very difficult to use a baby stroller.
B) Wheelchairs and other mobility-impaired visitors: the tour is not fully adapted to allow people with mobility problems to enjoy it freely due to numerous stairs and cobblestones. Please let us know before your arrival if you are a wheelchair user so that we can give you options and adapt the visit to suit your needs.
C) DOOR TO DOOR TRAVEL reserves the right to alter and modify the route and the order of visits and experiences for organizational reasons.
-Enjoy a guided tour with the best specialists in Spanish, English and French.
-Another language option on request and availability.
RESERVATION OF TICKETS AND REGULATIONS OF THE CIRCUITS
- The full name, surname and ID or passport number of each participant must be provided at the TIME OF APPLICATION. It is important to carry your ID card or passport (physical or digital) with you at all times during the Tour.
- DOOR TO DOOR GRANADA TRAVEL is not responsible for the LOSS of the ENTRANCE and the visitor’s NOT ADMISSION to the monuments and spaces for not carrying the identification documentation in case of being required by the staff or authorized persons in charge.
- I declare under my responsibility that I have the identity documentation DNI / Passport in order to carry out these Tours in Spain.
- We inform the User of the Rules of the visit to the Caminito del Rey of Malaga and the Monumental Complex of the Alhambra of Granada in the following links: https://doortodoor.travel/en/travels/alhambra-travel/private-tour/ https://doortodoor.travel/en/travels/nature-experience-in-andalusia/the-caminito-del-rey-in-malaga/
- Being monuments and spaces of extreme value worldwide, any act of vandalism, trying to enter without authorization, destroying constructions, exhibitions and decorations or any other damage that is done to the monuments and spaces, will be reported to the competent authority because it is considered a serious attack on the Spanish Historical Heritage and may have criminal repercussions for the visitor.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
1. The realization of this tour requires the participation of a minimum of 8 people up to a maximum of 12 people. If this minimum is not reached, the agency has the right to cancel the trip, with a notice of at least 7 days, reimbursing the traveller the total amount paid by him/her before 14 calendar days have elapsed, without the client having the right to any type of compensation.
2. The traveller can terminate the contract at any time before the start of the trip by paying a penalty equal to the price of the package minus the cost savings and the income from the alternative use of the travel services.
3. Transfer of the trip: in accordance with the provisions of Section 12 of the GENERAL CONDITIONS OF THE TRIP (ANNEX III), the traveller may transfer his/her booking to a person who meets all the required conditions.
4. Cancellations after the deadline for the aforementioned points, if they are due to force majeure, must be communicated and justified for assessment.
Short Trips in urban destinations such as Malaga & Granada offer a variety of attractions, activities and amenities. They have nearby airports with direct flights to anywhere in the world, AVE (high speed and comfort train) stations connected to the most important cities in the country and a network of highways and motorways with high standards of quality and safety.
They also have an extensive accommodation infrastructure adapted to all needs and a wide range of restaurants and leisure facilities nearby, making it easy to make the most of all the time you spend on your trip.
What is a «Short Trip to Malaga & Granada»?
It is a tailor-made itinerary designed and created to provide a totally personalised learning experience for you and your travel companions in the Caminito del Rey in Ardales and the historic centre and surroundings of the cities of Malaga & Granada. These private tours offer more flexibility with the scheduling of times and distances within an individual or group dynamic and where all of this can be adapted to the interests of the traveller and the relationship you have with your official guide.
Where does the Short Trip start? Where does it end?
The details of the meeting point will be provided in your confirmation e-mail unless there is a change of location by the traveller. The meeting point is always in the city centre of Granada (Puerta Real), although it can also be changed if necessary. We have a 24 hour telephone number available for any last minute problems.
What if the weather is bad?
The tours can be run rain or shine, but in the event of inclement weather, our design department will modify the tour so that more time is spent indoors. We will keep an eye on you and the weather, advising and recommending that you bring umbrellas, sunscreen, water or soft drinks, hats, comfortable clothing and footwear as required.
Is it suitable for children/elderly people or travellers with mobility problems?
Yes, on request we can tailor the trip to the age and interests of the travellers in the group. Please share any details and details in the booking request and we will adapt your itinerary accordingly, we are here to help you with whatever you need.
Sorry, no reviews match your current selections