Geopark Tour, explore hidden spots and sunsets of unusual beauty of a Unesco World Heritage Site.
The Geopark of Granada extends over 4,722 km2 of 47 municipalities belonging to the regions of Guadix, Baza, Huéscar and Montes. The beauty of the Altiplano is carved by the landscape of the Badlands.
One of the most representative historical characteristics of this area is the style of the traditional houses in the form of cave-houses.
Do you know what Prehistoric Tourism is? We offer you an adventure trip in almost lunar landscapes, with a lot of contact with nature and in an outdoor environment where you can develop a visual experience that you normally do not have in your environment.
In a 4×4 route we invite you to know and experience the incredible desert landscapes of the Altiplano Granadino. We will visit the desert of Gorafe, the southernmost desert in Europe and one of the places with the greatest visual impact in Spain.
A descending tour through the canyons of the desert, with breathtaking views of cliffs, desert formations (Badlands) and a spectacular and unique 360º viewpoint. We will have a workshop and a gastronomic lunch in a complex of Cave Houses and we will finish visiting the city of Guadix, its historic center and its Cathedral declared of cultural interest.
With this Tour, we want to offer an opportunity for those who are adventurous in life.
- Price 1 pax. in Private Tour with transfer, guide, entrance fees and travel insurance: in a 4×4 vehicle (from 1 to 6 pax.) from €695 (Monday to Sunday), in two 4×4 vehicles (from 7 to 12 pax.) from €1.290 (Monday to Sunday).
- Price 1 pax. (under 6 to 12 years old): from €15, Babies and children from 0 to 5 years old: €0.
- Price includes VAT.
- Visit accompanied by an Official Heritage Interpreter Guide.
- Audio System (Whisper) from 6 people.
- Includes Coffee Break.
- Includes entrance tickets to the Experiences: Guadix Cathedral, Museum and Troglodyte Workshop.
- Private transfer in and out.
- Civil Liability and Accident Insurance.
- Lunch in a traditional restaurant with menu or à la carte.
- For Private and Groups from 1 to 12 people maximum.
- Tour not suitable for children under 5 years old.
- Daily visits, except 1 January and 24, 25 and 31 December.
- Winter timetable: Tour recommended in the morning.
- Summer timetable: Tour recommended in the morning.
- Use of the mask in cases stipulated by medical prescription.
- Accommodation in Granada or Casa-Cuevas on request, information here.
- Ask for more visits: *Sleep in Cave-House, rest and relax with a millenary practice. *Active Tourism and Adventure Activities, hiking, trekking, canyoning, rappel, zip line and kayaking. Workshop and tasting visit to a traditional wine cellar. *Hot air balloon ride or paragliding in the Altiplano. *Mindfulness tour: Hammam (bath + massage) and meditation workshop. Astrotourism, night light experience in a Starlight site. *The Poniente Granadino, routes to know some of the most beautiful villages of this region such as Montefrio, Loja and the beautiful Alhama de Granada.
- Request more information about the tours here.
- It is recommended to combine privately or in group with other tours to the Alhambra and Granada.
ABOUT THE WALKING TOUR
- Tour itinerary: route created exclusively for the villages and the area of the Altiplano of Granada.
- Access to areas without queues and respect for safety distances.
- Digital or printed tickets to access experiences.
- Visit recommended for all ages.
- Altitude from sea level: 949 meters.
- Distance: 60 km.
- Recommendations: comfortable shoes, appropriate clothing according to the season, in the summer mandatory cap or hat.
–Meeting point: at the accommodation or place previously agreed with the client. The tickets are in the hands of the official guide who accompanies you throughout the tour and will be given to you before entering the experiences.
–Our guide will carry a DOOR TO DOOR TRAVEL sign so that you can recognize it during the beginning and throughout the tour.
ACCESSIBILITY TO THE ITINERARY
A) Baby strollers: we recommend the use of a baby carrier, due to the characteristics of some sections of the route, where it is very difficult to use a baby stroller.
B) Wheelchairs and other elements of reduced mobility: the itinerary is not fully conditioned so that people with reduced mobility can enjoy it freely due to the numerous slopes, stairs and cobblestones. Please let us know before your arrival if you are a wheelchair user so that we can give you options and adapt the visit to suit your needs.
-Enjoy a guided tour led by the best specialists in Spanish, English and French.
–Other language option upon request and availability.
TICKET RESERVATION AND TOUR RULES
- The full name, surname and ID or passport number of each participant must be provided at the TIME OF APPLICATION. This information is essential to be able to access the spaces of the experiences.
- DOOR TO DOOR GRANADA TRAVEL is not responsible for the LOSS of the TICKET and NOT ADMISSION to the experiences of the visitor for not carrying the identification documentation in case of being required by the staff or authorized persons in charge of the spaces to be visited.
- Being monuments and spaces of extreme value worldwide, any act of vandalism, attempting to enter without authorization, destroying buildings, exhibits and decorations or any other damage done to the monuments and spaces, will be reported to the competent authority as it is considered a serious attack on the Spanish Historical Heritage and may have criminal repercussions for the visitor.
THERE IS NO RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL FOR DISTANCE SALES. CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY.
*When our City & Monuments Tours are purchased remotely according to Article 103 I) of Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007 approving the revised text of the General Law for the Protection of Consumers and Users and other complementary laws, NOT the right of withdrawal for any reason and with the right to a refund of the total amount paid within 14 calendar days from the day of conclusion of the contract (regulated by Articles 102 and following of the aforementioned Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007) in services related to leisure activities is applicable to consumers. if the contracts provide for a specific date or period of performance.
Therefore, in the event that the consumer cancels his/her reservation, the following cancellation policy shall apply:
1. We refund 100% of the amount or reschedule free of charge if the cancellation is made up to 10 days before the start of the Tour.
2. We refund 90% of the amount, if the cancellation is made from 9 days to 72 hours before the start of the Tour.
3. We do not make refunds and you will be charged 100% of the amount if the cancellation is made less than 72 hours before the start time of the Tour.
4. Non-refundable and 100% of the entrance fees to the monuments and experiences and no-show or late arrival at the time indicated in your Tour.
5. Cancellations out of time of the above mentioned points, if they are due to force majeure, will have to be communicated and justified for its valuation.
We invite you to discover and discover the incredible desert landscapes of a Geopark with one of the best continental geological records of the last 5 million years and also with a personalised attention in each of the stages of your Tour.ce.
What is a Geopark Tour?
It is a tailor-made itinerary designed and created to provide a totally personalised learning experience for you and your travel companions in the villages of the Granada Altiplano. These private tours offer more flexibility with the scheduling of times and distances within a group dynamic and where all of this can be adapted to the interests of the traveller and the relationship they have with their official guide.
Where does the tour start and end?
The details of the meeting point will be informed in your confirmation e-mail unless there is a change by the traveller. The meeting point is always in the city centre (Puerta Real) although it can also be changed if necessary. We have a 24 hour telephone number available for any last minute problems.
What if the weather is bad?
The tours can be done rain or shine, but in the case of inclement weather our design department will modify the tour so that more time is spent indoors. We will keep an eye on you and the weather, advising and recommending you to bring umbrellas, sunscreen, water or soft drinks, hats, comfortable clothing and footwear as needed.
Is it suitable for children/elderly people or travellers with reduced mobility?
Yes, on request we can tailor the tour route according to the ages and interests of the travellers in the group. Please share any details and details in the booking request and we will adapt your itinerary accordingly, we are here to help you with everything you need.
Sorry, no reviews match your current selections