A splendid crossroads of cultures over many centuries in Cordoba City.
The circuit is designed to satisfy all the requests of a good traveller, it is flexible and allows departures from any point of Andalusia and Spain. In our REQUEST QUOTE form we offer the possibility to modify any itinerary and add more days and other services if you wish.
Arrival in Cordoba, cordial welcome, check-in at the accommodation in the city centre and presentation of the programme by the person in charge.
Afterwards, guided tour to learn about the Roman legacy in Cordoba, Roman temples, mausoleums and bridges, followed by a visit to the Museum of the Calahorra Tower. Tapas tour for lunch in the historic centre.
In the early afternoon we will visit the majestic gardens of the Alcázar de los Reyes Cristianos and the Palacio de Viana and its patios. Free time for shopping or relaxation. Free evening with recommendations for dinner.
Breakfast and transfer for a private guided tour of the wonderful city of Medina Azahara and its interpretation centre. Return for lunch in a restaurant with a set menu in the historic centre.
In the afternoon, private guided tour of the Mosque-Cathedral, a monument that fuses several architectural styles. Afterwards, we visit the Guadamecí museum. Free time for shopping or relaxation.
In the early evening, show in a Flamenco Tablao. At the end, free evening with recommendations for dinner.
Breakfast and private guided tour to visit the charming Jewish Quarter, the Almodovar Gate, the souk and the Synagogue. We will continue with a leisurely stroll enjoying its squares, narrow streets and most famous photographic corners of this wonderful city.
Check-out and end of the services, thanking you for the days shared in this Circuit.
- Price: from €695 per person in premium accommodation.
- Tour accompanied by an Official Heritage Interpreter Guide and duration of visits from 1 to 3 hours.
- Audio system (Whisper) from 6 people.
- Includes entrance fees in Cordoba according to itinerary.
- Guided visit to the Museum and a Flamenco show according to the itinerary.
- Includes 2 Coffee Break on day 1 and 2.
- 2 Lunches as per itinerary.
- Transfers and visits indicated in the description of the Circuit will be made by car, Minivan or High Range Bus (depending on the final number of passengers) + driver.
- Includes souvenirs as a gift.
- Circuit Difficulty 2/5.
- For Private and Groups from 1 to 12 people maximum.
- Daily circuits, except every Monday, 1st January and 24th, 25th and 31st December.
- Use of the mask in cases stipulated by medical prescription.
- Not included; tips to guides and staff providing any kind of service during the tour (it is up to the traveller to decide the amount to offer); meals and drinks other than those specified in the itinerary; transfers and private visits not included in the itinerary; room service and personal expenses such as laundry, communication charges and optional extra activities not included in the programme.
THE LIST OF HOTELS AND TOURIST FLATS FORESEEN FOR THIS TOUR WILL BE PROVIDED ONCE THE REQUEST HAS BEEN MADE.
OTHER SERVICES AND CIRCUITS
- Pick up at the airport or AVE train station and transfers to the different accommodations are available on request.
- We also offer five perfect plans that you can add to your city breaks in CÓRDOBA and with which you can enjoy even more of this wonderful province:
- Getaway in *Lucena, known as the «Pearl of Sepharad» a living crossroads of Muslim, Jewish and Christian cultures.
- Getaways in *Montilla and Zuheros, the taste of a good wine in a bodega or wine press, a gastronomy of excellence and one of the most beautiful villages in Spain to discover.
- A getaway in *Almodóvar del Río, an 8th century castle and a setting worthy of the film Game of Thrones.
- Getaway in *Puente Genil, the countryside of Cordoba, a world of olive groves, vineyards and natural areas of interest for a visit in harmony with nature.
- Escape to *Priego de Córdoba, located in the Subbética region of Cordoba and known as the City of Water due to the multitude of springs and the jewel of the Cordovan Baroque in Andalusia due to the buildings it possesses.
- Request more information about the Getaways here.
- It is recommended to combine in Private or Group with other Circuits in Andalusia.
ABOUT THE WALKING TOUR
- Itinerary of the Circuit: route created exclusively for Medina Azahara, Historic Centre and Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba.
- Access to the monuments without queues and respecting the security distances.
- Digital or printed tickets to access the monuments.
- Circuit recommended for all ages.
- Altitude sea level: 106 metres.
- Distance: 4 – 7 kilometres per day.
- Recommendations: comfortable shoes, suitable clothing for the Circuit (Winter – Summer).
-Meeting point: at the accommodation or the place agreed in advance with the client. The tickets are provided by the official guide who accompanies you throughout the Circuit and will be given to you before entering the monuments and sites.
-Our guide will carry a DOOR TO DOOR TRAVEL sign for you to recognise at the start and throughout the tour.
ACCESSIBILITY TO THE ROUTE
A) Baby strollers: We recommend the use of a baby carrier, due to the characteristics of some sections of the route, where it is very difficult to use a baby stroller.
B) Wheelchairs and other mobility-impaired visitors: the tour is not fully adapted to allow people with mobility problems to enjoy it freely due to numerous stairs and cobblestones. Please let us know before your arrival if you are a wheelchair user so that we can give you options and adapt the visit to suit your needs.
C) DOOR TO DOOR TRAVEL reserves the right to alter and modify the route and order of the visits and experiences for organisational reasons.
-Enjoy a guided tour with the best specialists in Spanish, English, French and Arabic.
-Other language option upon request and availability.
RESERVATION OF TICKETS AND REGULATIONS OF THE CIRCUITS
- The full name, surname and ID or passport number of each participant must be provided at the TIME OF APPLICATION. It is important to carry your ID card or passport (physical or digital) with you at all times during the Tour.
- DOOR TO DOOR GRANADA TRAVEL is not responsible for the LOSS of the ENTRANCE and the visitor’s NON ADMISSION to the monuments and spaces for not carrying the identification documentation in case of being required by the staff or authorized persons in charge.
- I declare under my responsibility that I have the identity documentation DNI / Passport in order to carry out these Tours in Spain.
- We inform the User of the Rules of the visit to the Mosque-Cathedral in the following link: https://mezquita-catedraldecordoba.es/organiza-la-visita/normativa/
- Being monuments and spaces of extreme value worldwide, any act of vandalism, trying to enter without authorization, destroying constructions, exhibitions and decorations or any other damage that is done to the monuments and spaces, will be reported to the competent authority because it is considered a serious attack on the Spanish Historical Heritage and may have criminal repercussions for the visitor.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
1. The realization of this tour requires the participation of a minimum of 6 people up to a maximum of 12 people. If this minimum is not reached, the agency has the right to cancel the trip, with a notice of at least 7 days, reimbursing the traveller the total amount paid by him/her before 14 calendar days have elapsed, without the client having the right to any type of compensation.
2. The traveller can terminate the contract at any time before the start of the trip by paying a penalty equal to the price of the package minus the cost savings and the income from the alternative use of the travel services.
3. Transfer of the trip: in accordance with the provisions of Section 12 of the GENERAL CONDITIONS OF THE TRIP (ANNEX III), the traveller may transfer his/her booking to a person who meets all the required conditions.
4. Cancellations after the deadline for the aforementioned points, if they are due to force majeure, must be communicated and justified for assessment.
Quick getaways in urban destinations such as Cordoba offer a variety of attractions, activities and amenities. They have nearby airports with direct flights to any part of the world, AVE (high-speed and comfort train) stations connected to the most important cities in the country and a network of motorways and dual carriageways with high quality and safety standards.
They also have an extensive infrastructure of accommodation adapted to all needs and a wide range of restaurants and leisure facilities nearby, making it easy to make the most of all the time you spend on your trip.
What is a © «Escape to Cordoba City»?
It is a tailor-made itinerary designed and created to provide a totally personalised learning experience for you and the travel companions of your choice in the historic centre and surroundings of the city of Cordoba. These private tours offer more flexibility with the scheduling of times and distances within an individual or group dynamic and where all of this can be adapted to the interests of the traveller and the relationship you have with your official guide.
Where does the Escapada start and end?
The details of the meeting point will be informed in your confirmation e-mail unless there is a change by the traveller, it always ends in the city centre (Plaza de las Tendillas), although it can also be modified if necessary. We have a 24 hour telephone number available for any last minute problems.
What if the weather is bad?
The tours can be run rain or shine, but in the event of inclement weather, our design department will modify the tour so that more time is spent indoors. We will keep an eye on you and the weather, advising and recommending that you bring umbrellas, sunscreen, water or soft drinks, hats, comfortable clothing and footwear as required.
Is it suitable for children/elderly people or travellers with mobility problems?
Yes, upon request we can tailor the experience to the age and interests of the travellers in the group. Please share any details and details in the booking request and we will adapt your itinerary accordingly, we are here to help you with whatever you need.
Sorry, no reviews match your current selections